Re: Fly Ash

Randy,

Well, I think we have had a lot of discussions on this subject before also. But for you I have to submit as follows:

Fly ash is a pozzolana and is principally used for the following objectives:

 - as a cement replacing material; that is a
   partial replacement (30 to 35%) of cement in a
   concrete mix.

 - as  a water reducer to improve workability of
   concrete.

 - as an agent to counteract attack of sulphates
   & chlorides on concrete.

 - as an agent to improve duarability of concrete

 - as a stabilising agent to stabiise handling of
   concrete containing silica fumes.

 - so on & so forth.

Hope this helps. Best regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE