Cantera Stone Attachment to Steel Frame Arch

Hello everyone!
>From a long-time lurker, first-time caller, I need to know if anyone has
successfullly attached 250# pieces of pinon cantera stone to a tube steel
moment frame in the shape of an arch.  The fabricator has suggested using
expansion anchors and steel L-angles welded to the tube steel.  I think the
expansion anchors will blow out the stone if placed too close to the edge.
Does anyone have any info on the strength of cantera stone or an acceptable
edge distance?  The stone looks porous and  has pockets of volcanic rock and
minerals.  For this reason, I think epoxy adhesive would be more reliable.

What do you think?

Denise Poeltler, P.E.
The Flying Buttress
In the beautiful California desert.