Re: Fly Ash

Try to stay away from mix designs using fly ash for architectural finishes, unless your cement masons are familiar with its finishing characteristics.

Steven A.
Los Angeles

Randy Russ wrote:

 Could someone please enlighten me on the pros and cons of using fly ash in a concrete mix. I am not interested in the proportions required. They are listed in ACI 301. Rather, I would like opinions as to where, when and if fly ash should bu utilized. Thanks in advance, Randy Russ, P.E.Russ Engineering Group, Inc.Baton Rouge, La.