STEEL ROOF DECK: Question About Using Lightweight Concrete Fill

Every now and then, just for fun, I actually bother to look at some of the
Archy's details, and often I find the most amazing things. For example, I
see that he has called for "lightweight concrete" as a fill on the roof deck
on which the built-up roofing is to be applied. I'm used to seeing something
like rigid board, or maybe poured gypsum. This is the first time I've seen
"lightweight concrete." It just isn't that usual here on the Texas Gulf
Coast.

I usually use something like Vulcraft 1.5 B for the roof deck. But I can't
really see where that would be appropriate if "lightweight concrete" is
going over it.

Any comments?

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company