Construction in Brazil

I am designing an open air chapel in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

It is probably about 65ft x 100ft with a pitched roof on poles.  The roof
will be wood trusses.  I don't know what type of roofing material is used
there.  A wood floor will work fine.

Will probably have brick walls at the corners for bracing.

Can someone who has done work in Brazil email me privately to discuss:

* Types of construction commonly used there
* Availability of ready-mixed concrete, rebar etc.
* Building code used for design.  Seismic?
* Permitting issues.

I will be visiting there in January to do some recon regarding the above
issues but I wanted to learn what I can in advance of the trip.

We plan on constructing it in March or April.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brad Friederichs
CA S2780

(916) 505-0519 fax (916) 482-1173