Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Registration in Washington, DC

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Licensing requirements in DC are about the same as anywhere else,  a PE in another state can get reciprocity by simply sending in the paper work and an application fee.

What is significant about DC though is that there is no structural plan review.  Structural engineers sign a form saying

"I, _____________,  certify that I am a Professional Engineer practicing in the field of structural engineer and duly registered ..... and that to the best of my knowledge the structural plans comply  with the applicable BOCA requirements "

Gail Kelley,  P.E.  (Washington, DC)