From: Kenny Yip [mailto:kyip(--nospam--at)anvilcorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 4:17 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Need Clarifications on Section 2213.6 of 97UBC

Item 2 under section 2213.6 of 97UBC says "Fully restrained (Type F.R. or Type 1) connections with the design strengths of the connections capable of resisting a combination of gravity loads and W times the design seismic force."

Does this mean the load combo is that of equation (12-17)?

Could anyone confirm this? Or, simply give me some clarifications on this UBC item. Thank you for your assistance.

Kenny Yip, EIT

Anvil Corporation

E-mail: kyip(--nospam--at)anvilcorp.com

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp