Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
temperature load[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: temperature load
- From: RainCat1(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 13:00:38 EST
I have a two panel (two level of bracing) chevron brace steel frame. I applied a temperature differential of 82 degrees F, and my brace load due to temperature is 40 kips as compared to my seismic load of 170 kips. I did not expect to see a high value for the temperature loading. My question is - Is there any UBC code requirement for temperature load that need to be applied for a building?
I would appreciate any info. Thanks!
Rainier Catubig, S.E.
Chula Vista, California
- Prev by Subject: Re: temperature dependent properties of structural steel
- Next by Subject: Tension Only Braces Seismic Zone 3
- Previous by thread: Job Opportunity
- Next by thread: nanotechnology