temperature load

I have a two panel (two level of bracing) chevron brace steel frame. I applied a temperature differential of 82 degrees F, and my brace load due to temperature is 40 kips as compared to my seismic load of 170 kips. I did not expect to see a high value for the temperature loading. My question is - Is there any UBC code requirement for temperature load that need to be applied for a building?

I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Rainier Catubig, S.E.
Chula Vista, California