RE: California Civil PE Exam Preparation.

It's been 10 years since I took PE exam, so the exam & latest, greatest
texts/references have changed; thus, I'll offer you general advice that
might help:  DO NOT waste the time & effort to lug every technical book you
own (& that your friends' own) to the exam because you will only open up
those books that you are familiar/comfortable with.  In other words, in the
heat of battle, you will not turn to a text that you've seldom/never used
(....so your best references will be texts you've spent a lot of time in).

As w/most exams, hardest part is prep.  Need to get to where you're working
old test problems (quickly) w/o looking at solutions 'til you're through.

Glen

LtCol GLEN PAPPAS, Ph.D., P.E.
Structural Engineer

Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Technology Development Directorate, Operational Applications Division,
Structural Dynamics Branch

6801 Telegraph Road                            Phone: (703) 325-0358
Alexandria, VA 22310                           DSN: (312) 221-0358
e-mail: glen.pappas(--nospam--at)dtra.mil                Fax: (703) 325-1327