RE: California Civil PE Exam Preparation

check out PPI publications and thier forum at:

www.ppi2pass.com

books by Dr. C.V. Chelapathi - through PEDP (http://www.pedp.com ) are good
but a little expensive.  they offer courses also.

Check out your local library - ASCE and PPI have audio and video cassette
learning tools which are quite good and might be a good supplementary guide.

I took the pedp course and bought the used PPI books.  Helped me pass the 8
hour at the first try.  PPI has the best books for seismic.  PPI has a good
reference book for surveying (which is quite a exam for structural people
without real work survey experience).

Good Luck.