RE: Anchorage to existing concrete

Frank,

Apparently you are trying to develop tension forces in the rebar.  If you
don't have enough wall thickness to anchor a straight bar, drill through the
wall, add a Lenton Terminator to the back side.  Counter sink and grout the
space between the terminator and the wall, and grout the space between the
rebar and the hole where it goes through the wall.  This will actually be
more effective than a hooked bar in the shear wall.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague