Re: Anchorage to existing concrete

Fariborz,

	Two ideas come to mind.  If either one is useful you are welcome to it.

  1.	Extend a plate or other structural shape down the end (or face near
the end) of the existing shear wall attached to the existing shear wall
with Hilti or other anchors loaded in shear.

  2.	Jackhammer some of the concrete at the top of the existing shear
wall to expose the existing reinforcing and attach the new reinforcing
to the existing either by lap splices or by welding as may be
appropriate given the specific properties of the existing material.

	Good luck.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson