Re: Corporate 'Certificate of Authorization' (was Re: CaliforniaLicensing Fees)

Peter,

	Saskatchewan actually has two levels of professional engineers: those
who have "permission to consult"; and ordinary members in addition to
requiring a Certificate of Authorization for companies.

	To be granted permission to consult an engineer must have obtained a
Masters or a Ph.D. plus have additional experience beyond the minimum
for "ordinary" membership.  Also the Permission to Consult must be
renewed every five years which includes supplying references and
documentation of activities.  Up to the present time they have not
required me to take out a Certificate of Authorization for my company if
I practice as a sole proprietor in that jurisdiction.

	I do not practice as a sole proprietor in Alberta but I get a small
discount for having a "one professional" business.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson