AISC "Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings", Section 13.3.a

I need clarification regarding AISC "Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel
Buildings", Section 13.3.a.  It states that :
"The required strength of bracing connections shall be the lesser of the
following:
(a.) The nominal axial tensile strength of the bracing member, determined as
RyFyAg

(b.) The maximum force, indicated by analysis, that can be transferred to
the brace by the system."

Is not the force calculated from part (b) always greater than that
calculated from part (a)!!!

Regards,

S. Sakla, P.E.