Re: Anchorage to existing concrete

Fariborz,

	Regarding risk of damage using a jackhammer: you will have to assess
that in conference with your friendly neighborhood contractor; I can't
help you with it from this distance.

	Regarding the relative length of the walls: of course you have to
develop enough rebar in the lower wall to resist the design loading;
that's fundamental engineering science.  The particulars of this
situation may require discarding the whole idea and going to one of the
other ideas presented.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson