Re: Anchorage to existing concrete

With regard to 'jackhammering' I typically limit the contractor to using a 15 pound chipping hammer when working on existing concrete that needs to remain functional (yes they complain about it a lot).  I believe the 15 pound limit comes from an old FHWA or AASHTO rule.  If a heavier jackhammer is used the vibrations in the rebar can crack the concrete around the rebar and of course that aint good

Don Carroll