Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Anchorage to existing concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Anchorage to existing concrete
- From: "Jim Harris" <jrharris(--nospam--at)ix.netcom.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:37:18 -0700
With regard to 'jackhammering' I typically limit the contractor to using a 15 pound chipping hammer when working on existing concrete that needs to remain functional (yes they complain about it a lot). I believe the 15 pound limit comes from an old FHWA or AASHTO rule. If a heavier jackhammer is used the vibrations in the rebar can crack the concrete around the rebar and of course that aint good
- Prev by Subject: Re: Anchorage to existing concrete
- Next by Subject: Any other Topic?
- Previous by thread: RE: Anchorage to existing concrete
- Next by thread: TRW Nelson Studs