Dead Load or Live Load?

I have a 40'x50' flat roof with 10 4x6 skylights. The client wants to pretty
much fill up all areas except the skylights with solar panels. Overall the
panels weigh about 4psf. They are permanent, but after installed there is
really no room left for live loads other than wind and rain. My
understanding is that a 20 psf roof live load is for
construction/maintenance loads. Are the panels a dead load or live load?
Normally I would just add the panel weight to the DL and use 20psf LL. The
only reason I ask is that I am on the cusp of it figuring.

Jeff