RE: Dead Load or Live Load?

The main criteria whether it should be considered as dead or live, IMHO, is
if it has permanent anchorage to the roof or not. Incidentally, we recently
received a plan review for a similar project. However, the panels do not
have any type of anchorage to the roof. The system is like a series of
tongue and groove panels with cables running between them. The cables and
edge panels are tied to a system of brackets on the perimeter which resists
the wind uplift loads by its mass.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA