Re: Single Family Home design + Construction

Bob,

	If you were in Calgary (Canada), or any other nearby community, sending
a copy of your posting to the local building authority would have the
project stopped until the deficiencies were corrected.

	Once upon a time I had the misfortune to be involved in a project of
this type (except mine was 30 units in duplexes).  One of the results
was bankruptcy of the contractor before the end of the project; perhaps
some of the subs on your job know (or suspect) something you don't.

	I would strongly recommend that your friends stop paying money until
the work is done correctly; the longer this goes on the more expensive
it will be to correct.

	But tell me (or at least think about it); is there no licensed and
insured professional (architect, engineer, or lawyer) who is confirming
work done for progress payments on a house of this value?  Be careful
you don't fill this role by default.

	Good luck.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson

P.S. Dennis Wish is quite knowledgeable on this subject but he hasn't
posted anything on the list for ages.  Does anyone know if he's O.K.?