Re: Single Family Home design + Construction

Bob

Although these types of errors and omissions could happen anywhere, my guess
is that it happens far more in areas that have no review requirements for
building permits. Other than west coast of the US and the neighboring states
I cannot think of anywhere else that requires a detailed review of plans and
calculations for any type of building permit. The lack of a check and balance
is one the culprits of many of these problems in building design. We all know
that even the best engineers could sometimes overlook stuff during design.
Having a second set of eyes look at a design before it gets to the
construction site would at least reduce the chances of any gross mistakes
being made.

Happy  thanksgiving everyone

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA