RE: Doubler Plate Plug Welds

Joseph,

I recently attended AISC's seminar Fundamentals of Connection Design with emphasis on the LRFD method, and their example with the use of doubler plates did NOT mention the use of plug welds, but rather the use of full penetration welds and fillet welds.  Sorry!  I have recently packed all my design documents for an upcoming move to the west coast.  Without giving you a bogus or misleading response I would suggest that if you don't get a good response from this list fast enough, then try the steel solutions center from AISC.  You can find it on AISC's website at www.aisc.org