Re: Foundation Underpinning

Actually, I acquired new information this morning.  I was under the
impression that I was responsible for designing the underpinning system.  I
now know that this is officially "means and methods".  All I have to do is
verify that it can be done, give loads and deflection requirements to the
contractor, and worry a lot.

Luckily, we have a contractor on-board during the design phase, so we can
easily coordinate the final design with constructibility.

----
Jason W. Kilgore, P.E.
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com