From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 8:08 AM
To: Seaint
Subject: AutoCAD 2002 3d solid to STAAD question

First of all, I hope that this will not turn into a STAAD-bashing thread like many other STAAD-related questions have done.  That said, what I am trying to do is import a 3d solid from AutoCAD 2002 into STAADPro.  If I save the file from AutoCAD as a .dxf file and import it into STAAD as a 3d-dxf, I lose my Z-coordinates.  Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates