RE: Nigerian Scam

Sounds like our banks and credit card companies!

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 4:05 PM
To: ?
Subject: Re: Nigerian Scam

>I've received an email invitation to make lots of money via the Nigerian
>Scam.  Who should the email be forwarded to for investigation?
There's a web site for reporting it but only if you've actually lost
money. If I'd ever lost any money on something that stupid, I don't think
I'd be in any mood to announce it, though.

At its most extreme, which eventually involves travel to Nigeria without
a visa after you get nickel and dimed to death for 'unexpected fees,' the
scammers can shake you down for anything you can put your fingers on.
Once you get past that bribed immigration official, your ass is theirs.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw