Re: pressure-treating glu-lams

 You can get the information by call this # 1800-942-9927 and ask for Rayan Gary.

  Michael Livingston <mlivingston(--nospam--at)yolles.com> wrote:

A fellow engineer in my office asked me about pressure-treating glulams
for exterior exposure. I don't know the specifics of her project, but
she was told that each lamination needed to be individually
pressure-treated prior to fabrication instead of just the exterior of
the finished beam getting the treatment. Is this true? Is it due to a
limitation of the pressure-treating equipment or are the joints
susceptible to decay?
Thanks,
Mike Livingston

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp