RE: Plate w/ Large deflections - Need diaphragm stress at edge

Keith,

The book "Rectangular Concrete Tanks"  by Javeed A. Munshi published by
Portland Cement Association has flat plates with different edge support
conditions and aspect ratios.  It only considers uniform loads and uniform
load gradients.  It is based on finite element analysis.

The results are moments, shears and deflections along all edges.

You can order the book from:

PCA, 5420 Old Orchard Rd. Skokie IL  60077-1083
(847) 966-6200  fax (847) 966-9781

If you just have one or two plates that you are interested in you can fax me
the plate size, edge support conditions and loading-I'll send you the
appropriate table and diagram so that you can figure it out yourself.  This
will take me at least one day to respond to since I will be out of the
office tomorrow.

Brad Friederichs
CA S2780

(916) 505-0519 fax (916) 482-1173