Re: pressure-treating glu-lams

So that all 10,000 of us don't call Rayan Gary could you summarize it for us?

Thanks.

In a message dated 11/27/01 12:40:17 PM, kenmail234(--nospam--at)yahoo.com writes:

<< You can get the information by call this # 1800-942-9927 and ask for Rayan
Gary.
  Michael Livingston <mlivingston(--nospam--at)yolles.com> wrote: A fellow engineer in my
office asked me about pressure-treating glulams
for exterior exposure. I don't know the specifics of her project, but
she was told that each lamination needed to be individually
pressure-treated prior to fabrication instead of just the exterior of
the finished beam getting the treatment. Is this true? Is it due to a
limitation of the pressure-treating equipment or are the joints
susceptible to decay?
Thanks,
Mike Livingston