RE: Nigerian Scam - Off Topic

>I have a friend in the Secret Service who has worked on the Nigeria scam. He
>told me that the problem was that the crime was literally state sponsored,

You might want to be a little careful with an accusation like this. The
scam might be eased on its way by bribes to corrupt individuals, but that
doesn't mean it's done with government connivance. The people who were
deported for scamming probably had the money to buy a phony passport
either from a corrupt official or from a run-of-the-mill-forger. Which is
not to say that some people in Nigeria's government aren't corrupt, just
that it isn't fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw