Re: Log homes

Greg,

	There are a small number of them being built in the calgary region.
Generally they are built with cedar logs.  I have no experience with
them personally; but I have heard rumors that they are very susceptible
to differential movements brought on by changing moisture content of the
logs.  I would suggest that you look into this.

	Good luck.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson

P.S.  You might also let us know what you do find out.  Your input will
obviously be better than the rumors I have heard.