RE: Delinquent Arizona Registrations

Hi Bill,

The Arizona Board of Technical Registration does not have a system to keep
addresses current and a lot of people, even those registered in Arizona,
unknowingly have their registrations expire.  For those people who reside
out-of-state and may be registered in many states, the problem of keeping
track of expiration dates is compounded.

When I took over as secretary of my ship's reunion association, I was faced
with the problem of keeping track of shipmate's addresses after we had gone
thru all the effort of locating them.  I had noticed on certain mailings that
I received, statements such as, "Address Service Requested," and "Return
Service Requested," so I checked with the post office and found that using
these "postal endorsements" will provide the sender with forwarding addresses
up to 13 months after a "change of address" had been filed.  The BTR declined
to adopt these when I suggested it to them.

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Allen wrote:

. > Roger-

. > Thanks for the info.

. > Amazingly, although I am receiving the newsletter, my address was
. > incorrect on the website.

. > I appreciate your "heads up".

. > Regards,

. > Bill Allen, S.E.