Fiber-reinforced concrete (was: Control joints in elevated slabs)

>... cracking in concrete slabs on metal deck is an
issue.

>Number one, never use polypropylene fibers.  Use mesh
or rebar.  This
is
>another topic.

OK, Harold, you opened this can.  Tell us about
polypropylene fibers.

I've got a bunch of outdoor slabs on grade (not
elevated slabs-I changed the subject) that I pulled
all the steel out of due to concerns about de-icing
salts.  In the slabs I put poly fibers.  The slabs
have substantial edge beams which I couldn't make
myself believe would be all right without steel, so I
used epoxy bars.  Good, bad, or indifferent?

Mike Hemstad
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota