Re: Fiber-reinforced concrete (was: Control joints in elevated slabs)

> If this results in a legal action, will SEAINT create a legal defense fund
> for me, or do I turn into the fugitive engineer?
>
> Regards,
> Harold O. Sprague

If not, our company, Structural Engineering Solutions, will stand with you.
The free exchange of ideas and experience (i.e. opinions) is what this list
is all about.  We'll help turn it into a first amendment issue and the
lawyers will line up for miles.  Harold O. Sprague has the right to be
heard!!!

Better yet all the engineers on the list boycott Fiber reinforcing until
they cease their attacks on one of own.  Market share still speaks louder
than lawyers.  It will be the Dolphin Safe Tuna of the Engineering
Community!

In all seriousness though, I would be dismayed to think that someone on this
list would not feel free to express their personal opinions for fear of
legal action, particularly someone as respected as Harold.  Structural
Engineering is a lifetime endeavor and it is imperative that we as a
community be able to draw upon the collective knowledge and experience of
our peers.  There are no rules that say we must accept or agree with the
opinions expressed on this list, only that we be free to express them.

Paul Feather