Over or under?

A guy in our office is writing a program for roof drop beam analysis and
design.

When we were allowed to review it and give comments, an immediate argument
broke out about which side of a beam to draw a moment diagram on.
Traditionally, a beam moment diagram is drawn on the compression side
(positive moment up and negative moment down -- as shown in the AISC
manuals, for a simple-span beam the moment line is over the beam line) and a
frame moment diagram is drawn on the tension side.

The programmer drew the drop-beam system like a frame (positive down and
negative up), because he says that's the way he's always done it.  I believe
we've talked him into adding an user option to select how it looks (either
over or under the beam).

But now I'm curious.  How many of you draw beam moment diagrams on the
tension side and how many on the negative side?

----
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, L.L.C.
jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com