Re: Straw House structural values

Glenn,

	The following may not be any more useful than warnings from those who
cry "wolf" but I thought I'd send it to you anyway.

	We used to have a straw based material called "Stramit" used for roof
sheathing in Calgary; I never used it personally and I haven't seen it
used for at least 20 years.

	I understand that the material came in sheets 4' by 8' by 2" thick and
had a thin (3/8") cementicious coating on each side and could span 2'
between joists.  It had two drawbacks: it smelled bad when wet; and it
was subject to rot.

	Good luck with your project.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson