Re: Excel to AutoCAD

I can't wait to try out this spanner thing, but here is the way I have been doing it.

In AutoCAD R14 copy the excel chart to the clipboard, then using paste special, insert the chart as 'autocad entities'.  This will insert the chart and it's associated lines.  This does have some drawbacks as it created a lot of individual lines in the chart, but once scaled it plots very nicely.

In AutoCAD 2002 I have had great success at inserting the blocks using cut and past and then editing the 'properties' of the pasted chart to get the correct size.  However, I have yet to get it to plot acceptably, it comes out very light or upside down.  I find that cutting the chart as normal and then special pasting into CAD as autocad entities works the best.  I is pretty quick and easy.

Don Carroll