Re: Straw House structural values

My house is in Fallbrook which is in San Diego County. I started with a
conventional metal rigid frame building and used the straw bales as
infill wall elements. The second floor is supported by the bales. To
facilitate some architectural elements, I have portions of the bales on
edge while most are not.

 I got my permit about two years ago with no trouble and also had no
trouble with the building inspectors.  It is on a 2.5 acre site. It has a
stucco exterior and drywall interior. The windows are steel frame from a
50 yr. old school in LA.
The house was not less expensive to build. I did it as a hobby project. I
have it for sale now for $350,000.
I can send a photo or two electronically to anyone who is interested.

Stan