From: 	Hyndman, Keith [mailto:KHyndman(--nospam--at)engineeringsi.com]
Sent:	Monday, December 03, 2001 3:12 PM
To:	'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject:	RE: Open Web Joist reinforcement

There is a book put out by Nucor "Designing with Steel Joists, Joist
Girders, Steel Deck" by J.A. Fisher I think you can get it from Vulcraft for
Free. It has some reinf examples. contact mantici(--nospam--at)vulcraft-sc.com  (Mike
Antici)

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Diviney [mailto:rsdiviney(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 3:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Open Web Joist reinforcement

What are some methods that could be used to reinforce existing long span
joists for both shear and moment? I looked for a design guide and searched
the Internet but have come up with nothing.

TIA

Randal S. Diviney P.E.

Director of Structural Engineering

Hayes Large Architects

(814)946-0451

at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via
Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server.
To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * *
http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org.
Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be
re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at:
********