From: Glenn Otto
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 9:56 AM
Subject: Straw house - serious this time

I read up a little bit on the straw bale houses.  I saw that most states in the nation have at least one.  We do not have any here in Virginia.  On the coast, we have enough problems with wind-driven rain and “Dryvit” fake stucco.  Straw bale construction with stucco would never make it.

Glenn C. Otto, PE

LIBERTY ENGINEERING, P.C.

Virginia Beach, VA