Re: Re[2]: Prestress Losses in a Concrete Dome with a Post-Tensi

Perhaps I did not read closely enough but it is not clear from your e-mail whether it is just the ring that is post-tensioned or if the dome will also be post-tensioned.

Irrespective,  I would be cautious about using a 1980 publication from the Nuclear industry.  This will most likely be referring to the use of button-headed wires.  Prestress loss values for low-relaxtion strand are considerably different.

Some approximate but reasonable values for prestress loss calculations are given in a 1979 Concrete International article by Paul Zia.   This article was reviewed  in a PTI Technical Note `Prestress Losses in Post-tensioned Construction' published last September.

Gail Kelley