shear friction

Neither the UBC nor the ACI clearly states what phi
factor should be used for shear friction.  I would guess
it would be 0.9 (tension phi factor), but I noticed in the
Seismic Design Manual Volume III, there is no phi
factor assigned.

Mark Pemberton, P.E.
Project Engineer
Lionakis Beaumont Design Group