virus warning

I received a similar message from the same person and sent him/her a private
e-mail, first removing the prepended underscore "_" from the address,
advising that his/her computer might be infected.  The private message hasn't
been bounced (yet) so I imagine (hope) that it was received and the machine
will be cleaned.

Since these worms/virii automatically take random addresses from address
books/unread messages and sent out the worm/virus, I don't think that we need
to be any more wary of receiving e-mails from any particular address,
*unless* they are prepended with an underscore, which makes responses to them
go to invalid addresses.

A. Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Crocker wrote:

. >         I just received a message that appeared to be a reply to a
. > message I posted on the listserve several months ago.  The "reply" was
. > actually an attached virus. The message was from: gelca
. > [_gelca(--nospam--at)cantv.net]  Our copy of NAV zapped the message, but I thought I
. > should email the list to warn anyone else to be wary of any messages from
. > that address.