Re: Concrete Freezing

>Needless to say, we summarily rejected the
>slab.  But when he took cores and had them tested two
>weeks later, the concrete was 4000 psi or close to it.
Curiosity questions: Was it apparent whether the free water actually
froze? Might the reaction heat have kept the slab warm enough to cure
more-or-less properly? I'd think that if the water actually froze the
concrete would have cracked like pipe cracks when the water trapped
inside freezes. I'm curious because I've always heard (at least over here
in Minneapolis) that you don't want to pour concrete when the weather's
too cold--like in November here.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw