Flexible diaphragm

I have a condition in an existing historic building where we may add
concrete or masonry core walls for an elevator system.  The building has a
wood floor system, which I am assuming to be a flexible diaphragm.  This
question may be a "no brainer" for many of you but here it is:  Is there any
problem with a flexible diaphragm transferring load into a rigid wall
system.  I only have previous experience with rigid floor systems
transferring load into concrete/masonry shear walls.  Thanks in advance.

Bill S. Marczewski
Peratrovich, Nottingham & Drage, Inc.
Engineering Consultants
Scow Bay Trading Building, 399, 31st Street, Suite A
Astoria, Oregon  97103
503-325-1250 Main; 503-325-9789 Fax
Office Locations: Anchorage, Seattle, Juneau, Astoria, San Francisco
www.pnd-anc.com/; bmarczewski(--nospam--at)pndast.com
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may
have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
indicating that fact and delete the copy you received. In addition, you
should not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the
information. Thank you.