Finding Moment of Inertia of Solids in AutoCAD

Gina,

I was able to do it by starting out as Gerard suggested.  First make a region
out of the outer portion.  Next make a region out of one or more voids. Then
use the "subtract" command in AutoCAD (you have to read the prompts carefully
with this one) to pick the objects to be left, then the object to be
subtracted.  You can check out what you have by using the "shade" command.
As always, you have to move the whole thing to the origin or use the "ucs"
command to move the origin to the c.g.  Don't use solids.  There was a thread
on this within the past year.

Hope that helps,
Mark Johnson