Re: Retractable Roof-very small

Brad,

	This sounds a lot like a very wide top running bridge crane to me.  I
did a rough "guesstimate" of the wind uplift and it came to double your
5,000# weight so you may need to use a mixture of top running and under
running crane trolley hardware to keep it in place (or else make it a
lot heavier).

	There is a great abundance of standard three (or five or even ten) ton
crane hardware including electric drives available to fill your needs
(there has to be at least 50,000 such cranes in service in North America
alone).  In fact, one of my best clients provides complete crane
servicing (including repair, reconstruction and new crane construction)
and deals in manufactured components from both Canadian and American
sources.  They provide the mechanical and electrical services; I usually
provide the structural designs and certifications (which you don't
need).  I could arrange an introduction for you if you do not have other
sources.

	Good luck with the project, Brad.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson