From: Gina Gobo [mailto:GoboGT(--nospam--at)c-b.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 7:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Finding Moment of Inertia of Solids in AutoCAD

Does anyone have any experience using AutoCAD to find the section properties
of solids? I understand how to use the "region" and "massprop" command to
find the moment of inertia of a section. However, these commands only take
the outline of an object. I think that you need to make an object a solid in
order to get the section properties of built-up sections with objects like
tubes. When I try to use region and mass prop for these types of sections,
AutoCAD takes the moment of inertia of the section as a solid and does not
take into account hollow sections.

If anyone can help with this, I'd appreciate it. I cannot seem to figure it
out.

Thanks,
Gina

Gina T. Gobo, EIT