Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: FEMA Welding Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: FEMA Welding Requirements
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 05:40:54 -0600
Title: RE: FEMA Welding Requirements
>AISC is to have incorporated FEMA 353
>recommendations with AWS working with them
>on this matter. (?Is this so Charlie??)
Yes, mostly. All FEMA recommendations will be considered. Those that qualify for translation into requirements for design and construction when subjected to the trial and fire of the consensus process will be brought into the AISC Seismic Provisions through the consensus process. A 2002 full revision is currently being finalized. Not everything is appropriate for inclusion as a requirement and not everything may pass muster with a consensus review.
Other recommendations may find a home in the AISC Seismic Manual we're just starting the development process for based upon the 2002 AISC Seismic Provisions.
- Prev by Subject: RE: FEMA Welding Requirements
- Next by Subject: Re: FEMA Welding Requirements
- Previous by thread: RE: FEMA Welding Requirements
- Next by thread: Re: FEMA Welding Requirements