Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Two conditions in residential construction

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Part of what Albert Meyer wrote...
	Would you say: Hire a geotech to ascertain the allowable soil value, use this value to determine what minimum footing size is required and check to see that the footing works for both bending and punching shear?

If I understand the project correctly, part of the foundation is on soil and part on rock.  You want to get a handle on differential settlement.  Over time, even with Qa from a geo-tech this may turn out to be one place that cracks / stresses develop.

Tom Morrissey
386.736.5967  ex2701
Volusia County Public Works
2 + 2 = 5 for very large values of 2

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********