Re: lumber grade reduction

Regrading is mentioned in 91 NDS 4.1.7.1 (97 UBC Chapter 23 Division III Part I)

Tarno Coleman, PE
Plan Check Engineer
Marion County Building Inspection

>>> shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net 12/07/01 10:21AM >>>
Just received a plan check comment "if you rip a wood member, beam or joist, you have to design it as Grade 3".

Is this true? If so, where is the code language to substantiate it?

Thanks,

Mark