License requirements for Hotel

Hello everyone
I know some of the list members are architects, so her is the question:  Do
you know if an Architect signature and stamp is required for 3 story hotel
over a semi-sebterranian garage?.  I have a plan to review, it looks like
it is done by an architectural service consultant, not an architect's office.
I seem to recall that designers are allowed to practice on single family
dwellings, and tenant improvements work in commercial buildings not over
two stories in height.  Any information would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates
(800)9274901 xt 360